Sunday, July 20, 2014

Sunday

This morning I wondered why I ever bother with new recipes and try new things.  Why not just stick with the old tried and true?

I made sausage gravy and biscuits for breakfast, an old standby, and it was delicious.  A good start to my day.  But then I should have just gone back to bed. 

I sat down with my coffee and a good book.  Later, I decided I better clean up the kitchen and discovered I had left the gravy burner on "simmer".  Not hot enough to burn it, but don't know if it can be salvaged or not.  Then I took some old leftovers from the refrigerator and promptly dropped (and broke) a dish with some tuna noodle casserole.  Well, there's one leftover I won't have to eat.  I could have thrown it out without breaking the dish!



I was going out to see if I could get a good picture of the birds who are feeding babies in the birdhouse out front.  Then I heard accordion music coming from the dining room and realized I had forgotten another party.  Convenient, right?  I would  have to walk right by the door to the dining room.  So I am back on my couch with my book and a beer.  The dirty dishes can wait.

**************************


I took this picture at art group last week, and kept forgetting to post it.  Linda painted this for her husband, but told him she had to hang it up in the art room for a while before he could have it.  I'm glad we get to look at it for while.

And there are a few more pictures I want to take.  Vicky has two beautiful ones finished and up on the wall, and Betty has one of a fish.

*********************
 


Barrie took this picture of Kasey eating sunflower seeds last week, and I really notice the muscles in that little girls' arms!




And this is part of the reason she has muscles.  She is a big help to her mom watering the dogs. 



1 comment:

Charmian said...

Love the magpie painting! Did Porter ever return?