Sunday, July 27, 2014

Sunday

Gina said that I would really enjoy a scanner, and I should mention that I had a great scanner once - it scanned photos, negatives from different size film, both black and white and colored, and slides, I spent a couple years going through boxes of slides, old photo albums, and envelopes of negatives.

Once in a while I think of an old picture I wish I still had, but I have everything I really need digitized - even my old Marty Robbins autograph, and the ticket stub to a bull fight in Nogales!  I've pretty much scanned everything I might ever need, but I do have a small hand held scanner that has worked fine.  But like I said, they don't seem to even make printers without those features any more.

**********************
I should have made a "to do" list so I could have the satisfaction of checking off a bunch of things today.  I have filled the hummingbird feeder, cleaned the litter box, did my laundry, washed three days' worth of dishes, and cleaned leftovers out of the refrigerator.
 
Have you ever made a to-do list and included things you've already done, just so you could have the satisfaction of checking it off?
 
*******************

 
My "social interaction" attempt did not go very far today. When I took my laundry down the hall, some ladies were sitting in the big room, visiting.  I thought I would maybe sit and visit with them a bit, but while I was putting my clothes in the washer, I overheard the conversation.  They were talking about all the miscarriages they had.  Back to my book.
 
Another failed attempt - Kasey and I were in the big room while my apartment was being cleaned.  A man came from the dining room, and leaned up against the wall.  I asked him where his walker was, and he said he didn't know.  He thought he had left it in the nursing wing where he had just finished visiting with his wife.  So I told him KC and I would help him.  We went to the nursing wing and found that he had lost his walker three days ago, and they were all watching for it. 
 
Back to the book.



No comments: