Tuesday, July 15, 2014

Tuesday

 
This is the kind of day I am having.  I am actually watching one of the episodes of "Zena, the Warrier Princess."

I crawled out of bed with  a painful back, and I decided I was tired of that.  My back has been bothering me for about two months now. So I called and made an appointment at the clinic.  Nothing new - Everything is just as it was last fall except I am a little older.  I did get a prescription for some pain pills.  I think they are helping some.

****************
 
I have never used the little walker I have, but today I did.  The wheels screamed like a Banshee!  So I sprayed them with WD40, and Kasey has been playing with it all afternoon, pretending to be an old lady. 
 
I also found that the walker is the property of St. John's Hospital.  Barrie brought it home to me a long time ago when I hurt my ankle.  Her dad had it. 
 
*****************
 
I got two packages from Dick Blick Art Supplies today.  What fun to get some new art supplies.  Got some new tubes of watercolor and some drawing paper.
 
**********************
 
The new apartments are irritating.  So much noise, equipment that seems to back up all the time, big trucks and hammering.  This morning both KC and I got hit at the same time with a terrible odor.  A truck was pumping out the outhouse, which is sitting on the edge of the street not far from me.  The breeze was just right to bring the smell right into my windows.




2 comments:

Betty C said...

Yuck!!! But....if they didn't pump it, it might have a worse outcome! :) I bet the noise and traffic is horrible for the apartments. When are they suppose to be completed? Have you decided if you are going to move into one of them? Are they more expensive than where you are now? I am excited for the open house, I want to snoop!

Duene said...

Same cost to residents who are already here. I know they will be nice, but I have mixed feelings about moving. I'm so content here.