Saturday, July 19, 2014

Saturday

 
There's a new cat in the neighborhood.  A man moved into the apartment across the hall from me, and he has a cat.  James told me the man's name is Joe, and he has a big black cat.  This cat doesn't look black to me.  He is moving into an apartment from the nursing wing.  James is evidently doing some part time work for the family, and is checking up on him periodically, even if he's not working. 

I've not yet seen the man - nor the cat.

They are painting two apartments across the lawn area.  I wonder if more new people are moving in.  I always seem to miss the greetings parties they have for new residents.  I don't think I miss them on purpose, but maybe I'm forgetting them on purpose.  That make sense?

***********************
 
 
 
The woman from the Alaska Fish and Game Department wanted to see more pictures of our trip to Alaska, if I could find them.  I have this photo of what is now called the Trans Labrador Hwy.  It is an old Logging Road from Port Cartier to Relais-Gabriel.  I did some Internet searching, and evidently this road is mostly still unpaved.  At the time we were there, it was raining, muddy, and much of it was one way.  We kept meeting huge logging trucks and had to back track and pull off somewhere to give them room. 
 
After we pulled off the road to spend the night, a man with a flashlight came down the hill toward us.  It was a man who saw us park and came down to see if we were okay.  He said he had electricity at his house and invited us to drive up and spend the night in his driveway, and plug into his electric power.  We had four kids already in bed, and we didn't take him up on his offer, but what a nice guy.
 
 

The next day, we stopped at a lake somewhere.  This is what the Winnabego looked like, and the motorcycle on the back.  It still looked like that when we got to Jackson and parked near the square.  A lot of people came up and asked us where we  had been.

*********************
 
 
Barrie still hasn't found Porter.  Someone thought they saw him along the biking trail going to the CCC ponds.



1 comment:

Judi said...

Your 2 Alaska photos go very well together. The cause & the result. Glad you dug them out to share with us.