Tuesday, July 1, 2014

Tuesday

I will be going to art group in style tomorrow.  I bought a rolling bag to carry all my supplies.  I never had one before because I would have to navigate two flights of stairs with it.  Not impossible, but just not worth the trouble.  Am looking forward to packing it up and using it.

*********************
 
Kasey asked me this morning if I had ever heard of Tarzan.  She is watching a Tarzan cartoon on Netflix.  I imagine  most people have some recollection of the history of Tarzan.  I Googled him to refresh my mind.  I'm sure that kids would be amazed to know that he was a fictional character invented by Edgar Rice Burroughs in 1912 in magazine articles, and later in numerous books, radio, TV and movies.  Tarzan has come a long way since 1912! I just ordered the series of 8 books by Burroughs for my Kindle for 99¢. 
 
There is even a book named "Erotic Adventures of Jane in the Jungle".  NOT by Edgar Rice Burroughs.
 
 
I looked up to see this little guy staring at me from my living room window.  He later jumped down on the ground, and I saw one of his parents come in and feed him. 

*********************
 


Do you ever need to type the symbol for degrees, or how about the ¢ sign?  I keep this chart on my desktop and refer to it every now and then to type those special symbols that aren't on the keyboard.

4 comments:

Judi said...

I've been waiting for this chart! I never can remember how to tell you that it was a cool 39.....oh fooey and fiddlesticks! It doesn't work!
Well, it's a great chart, but I suppose it only works in Word. It is blog-resistant.
I was so discombobulated that morning that I didn't even notice your new art case.

DADD said...

I tried a few of them in an email and they work there

Duene said...

Judi, are you holding the Alt key down? I have a numeric keypad, but that shouldn't make a difference.

Rebecca2 said...

THANKS for the chart. I have a Mac and it works with my document program. I don't have a separate numeric pad on my keyboard. That is as far as I have checked.