Friday, September 9, 2011

Friday

This painting is in the Silent Auction at Rendezvous Pointe, and I got a phone call about it this morning. The magazine about Sublette County Real Estate wants to use it for the cover of their new issue. How about that? This painting came so close to being put on the shower floor when I finished it. I left it stored with other stuff on a rack in my studio. I guess the paint fairies came along and worked on it while I wasn't looking.

Don't know what to name it. I think it's called "Colored Sky Quakies" on the auction sheet. Not a very good name, but I was in a hurry. Maybe "Winter Quakies"?


******************************

Want to try out my new drawing pencils today. I have a photo I want to use - a black and white picture I took a long time ago. Used it once for a pencil drawing of the jeans and boots, then made my ex hold one of my beer cans so I could use his hand and the can in the drawing. I think I'll try the same boots and jeans, and make Barrie hold a rope in her hand for a model.

3 comments:

MOM/Gina said...

Love the painting...

Charmian said...

I really love it, too, Duene!! It touches the heart.

Tracy LeClair said...

Yay! You are getting published all over the place!