Thursday, September 29, 2011

Thursday

 I was talking about the old barn I lived in at Ragged Mountain, CO.  Came across this picture today of the kitchen.  That is a restaurant cook stove, and yes, I COULD cook back then.  Notice the pie on the stove.  The stove was huge.

The place was wired for electricity, and there's even a fixture on the ceiling.  But we never started the generator, so used lanterns.  The sewing machine under the window was my Grandmother's old treadle Singer, which I used a lot.  I still have the machine.

While going through old photos, I found this picture of Mad and Stan's wedding.  Tracy was the flower girl.  What a great picture!  The two bag pipers were such fun, and they came back to visit in Pinedale quite often.  We went downtown, and wondered how the patrons in the Cowboy would react to these guys in their kilts.  They were a big hit.
***********************
Last night my ex husband's wife called.  Seems the ex had gone up the Green and was late getting home.  So Barrie and Kathy headed up the Green, in my pickup, to look for him.  They met him just a ways out of town.  Is this what you call "family ties"?

3 comments:

Judi said...

What a goober I am. while driving home from Casper today, I was thinking about your blog. I have a painting (by Charm) with the same background as your Monte photo. It's not the Cirque. I think it's Mt Bonneville! Can't believe Charm didn't catch that one.

Duene said...

We'll ask Barb. She knows where it was taken.

Anonymous said...

It is Bonneville. We have a picture by Charm that has an almost identical view. I noticed the "owl ears" on Bonneville immediately. rwm