Saturday, September 10, 2011

I loved this house!

No pictures to post today, so I browsed back through some old scanned photographs and found these.


Tracy on the front porch of the cabin we lived in at Ragged Mountain, Colorado. The house used to be a barn, and that is the original barn door. There was a nice beaver pond in the front yard, with fish in it.
The front of the cabin with the chimney. Bats got in around that chimney and were living inside the walls. They were no problem except when it rained. Then they came in the house instead of outside. We had no electricity, chased bats with a broom holding a Coleman lantern! I shot a porcupine out the upstairs window once. The first and only thing I've ever shot.


**************************


I can't remember what I was looking for on the Internet last night, but I somehow ended up reading about The Naked Cowboy. His name is Burck, and the guy actually has a college degree. I found he was running for mayor of New York City last year, but dropped out of the race. Burck formally announced that he is running for President of the United States in the 2012 U.S. election as a candidate representing the U.S. Tea Party movement.




**********************


"Some are born great, some achieve greatness, and some have greatness thrust upon them."




I was reading from the book "Familiar Quotations" on my Kimble last night and come across the above. Do you know where it's from?



3 comments:

RTD said...

Twelfth Night the play by William Shakespeare

Judi said...

That barn door sure has lovely wood. Can't remember what else I was going to say....LOL

Duene said...

Right Roger. Should have known you'd get it.