Thursday, September 8, 2011

Thursday

Those of you who have travelled South Pass will recognize this stretch of road. A few miles out of Farson, the highway stretches straight as a string untill it disappears in the distance. I had an interesting experience on this stretch of road once.

I had bought a new tape in Riverton, a mix of country western. I was playing it on my way home. I could see something in the road off in the distance, didn't look like road kill. When I got to it, I saw a pillow, laying on the center line of the highway.

Hmmmm, - the song playing on the tape at the time was Hank Locklin, singing "Send Me The Pillow That You Dream On".

I kid you not!! I thought it was kind of spooky.




**************************

I got my new drawing pencils. Haven't tried them out yet - they are "Tombow" brand. The pencils I have been using have grit in them. The Tombow brand was recomended by someone in the drawing forum on Wet Canvas.



When Bill and Alice were here, Bill was drinking a wine, and I asked Kasey if she would get Grandma a beer. The next morning, I came downstairs, still in my pajamas, and Kasey said "Grandma, can I get you beer?"





2 comments:

Charmian said...

Hi to Alice and Bill if they are still there!!

Love the pillow coincidence! Very strange. Could happen to only you, Duene.

Betty said...

Maybe you should teach Kasey to make Bloody Marys!!