Thursday, September 1, 2011

Thursay

I started photographing the things my mother had in the memory box. Here are a few more.

My baby shoes. Babies don't even wear shoes any more, do they? I think both Tracy and Barrie wore shoes early.


A little tin cup, about 2 inches tall, with "Tom, Tom, the Piper's Son" on it. My Mom's wedding rings. The wedding band is almost worn through, it is so thin. She didn't get the diamond until I was about five years old, I think. I was old enough I remember my Dad buying it and telling me to keep it a secret. It was a Christmas gift, I think. Of course I told my Mom I knew what she was getting, and it was something to put on her finger. But I DIDN'T tell what it was. Yeah, like I'm sure she thought she was getting a thimble.


Charms from my Mom's "Grandma" bracelet - Tracy, Barrie, and Louie, their dog.


This is what started it all. This darned locket has been "misplaced" so often through the years. My mom's middle name was Rae, and her uncle Ray bought this for her when she was a little girl. I had it, then Mom wanted it back for her Grandma bracelet. I couldn't find it. I finally found it, then Mom misplaced it. I though I had it, but looked around her for a couple of weeks before I thought of the memory box. Duh! Where else would you keep something like this?

***********************

Acccording to the forecast, the wind will come up again this afternoon. Don't know if we will go to the lake or not. I bought some pork and beans and hot dogs for my favorite "beanie weinie" dish. It's kind of hard to make plans with Barrie because she is up and off to work before I am even out of bed in the morning.









3 comments:

Judi said...

Is this the weekend you have the lake campsite!? I forgot it was coming up so quick.
Love all the items from the Memory Box.

Anonymous said...

Mom probably never gussed, wish I had a memory like that,brother Bill

Duene said...

I have the campsite all week. Please, everyone, feel welcome to use it. Site # 33.