Friday, September 30, 2011

Friday

I went to the oil painting class this morning, and now have all these terms spinning around in my poor head -- value, hue, complimentary, chroma, shade, tint, etc. etc. etc.  All things I do when I paint, but  never stop to think about what I'm doing or why. 

The trees behind my house.

This is what happens when you stay up all night.  I think she's spending a lot of time in the kitchen, guarding our house from mice.
*****************
The dead NASA satellite fell into what might be the ideal spot — part of the southern Pacific Ocean about as far from large land masses as you can get, U.S. space officials said Tuesday.  They had orignally predicted some of it would fall in Canada.  Well, they weren't too far off, at least it lit on earth.

Barrie is home sick today.  Darned hearing aids!  I kept hearing this sound downstairs, and I finally went down to see what it was.  Barrie was shuffling cards on the coffee table. 


2 comments:

RTD said...

When I was younger, I was a real good walleye fisherman. Every thing I knew about it I learned on my own.
So one day I got a brain storm. I thought that if I did some studying up on the subject, I would be a fantastic fisherman.
I even started to buy real high priced fishing equipment.
You know the more I studied, the worse I became, until I couldn't catch them any more at all.
I finally gave up and gave all my fishing gear away.

Now don't go and learn to much and out think yourself. What you have been putting out looks GREAT.

Duene said...

Thanks for the compliment, Roger. You may have a point here - no more "thinking"! Seriously, though, you can always learn something.