Sunday, September 25, 2011

Sunday

 Paul and Tracy at the National Aquarium in Baltimore.  They had a great time there.



My favorite hat:  This is the hat Kevin Costner wore in "Open Range".  Another attempt at drawing with graphite pencil and white charcoal on toned  water color paper.  I know there's a way to do this successfully, but I haven't found it yet.  You can't apply the white charcoal over the graphite, and it's hard for me to get dark tones - even with a 6B pencil.  And I'm not sure how to prepare the paper - make the sepia tone all blotchy, or try to smooth it out a little more.
*************************
Thanks, Kat, for the little soft furry gift you left for me to step on this morning with my bare feet.  Another mouse bit the dust.


1 comment:

Charmian said...

Beautiful and interesting effect on that painting, Duene! I like it!