Friday, April 20, 2012

Friday

The new laptop came yesterday, and the guy (Fed Ex) opened the door, knocked loudly, and announced himself.  I haven't even looked at it.  Barrie said she would have a go at setting it up, and she will probably figure it out.  If not, she'll ask.

Mike called about the desktop Dell.  System 7 has to be completely reinstalled.  We made a complete backup of the files on it the day before Barrie took it in. 


Petty, time consuming things today.  I gave Paul a little XM radio several years ago, and put it on my plan.  Then I put the one in Tracy's Yukon on my plan.  I put Barrie's pickup radio on the same plan.  That's my birthday present to each of them. 

Tracy told me Paul's radio wore out and they got a new one.  She got the ID numbers for me.  I tried to do it on XM's website today, and couldn't, so I called.  Of course, I got someone who was hard to understand, but finally got the account transferred from the old radio to the new one.  Now if Paul will turn it on when he gets home tonight, I can activate it.

Also had to update my credit card information on my Paypal account with new expiration date.  I couldn't log onto my account.  I finally decided I had to change my password.  Funny thing, when I entered my new password, I entered the exact same password I have been using for years, and Paypal accepted it. 

Isn't technology wonderful?

3 comments:

DADD said...

Yes, I've done things like that.
I think what happens is we did something not quite right and it gets rejected. And then when we do it to reenter it again we don't make that silly mistake we keep making before

Judi said...

Funny birds!
So....I am curious as to how many computers you & Barrie have purchased in the past 5 years. You must live in some computer-slaying vortex.

Duene said...

I'd have to think about it, and I don't want to!