Thursday, April 12, 2012

Thursday

The only picture I have to post today is a Calvin cartoon.



**************************

Beautiful spring morning in Pinedale, with a couple inches of new snow.  Every branch and every twig was frosted with snow.  It is melting fast.

***************************

Barrie left for her dog lot about 4:00 yesterday to feed her dogs.  It was almost 6:00 when Julie (day care) called me and told me Kasey's father had not picked her up at 4:00. which he was supposed to do.  As Barrie doesn't get phone reception at the dog lot, Julie could't reach her.  So I went to pick up KC.  She was the only kid left, and  looked a little sad.

She perked up and showed me how she can open the pickup door by herself, get in, and close it.  She gets in her carseat and buckles herself in.  She never quit talking as I drove home.

When we got home, she told me wanted macaroni and cheese for supper, but not the kind I make.  She wanted it like her Mom makes it.  So I fixed a boxed dinner.  She told me the only thing I make she likes is French toast, and she wanted French toast for supper too.  I told her to forget it!

She told me I couldn't move things on the kitchen counter, becaue that's the way her Mom wants it.  I told her to forget that too.  It was my turn to use the counter top if I was cooking.

When Barrie got back closer to town, she found Julie's message on her phone, and also one from the father figure (he called at 4:30) telling her he wouldn't be picking Kasey up.


************************

In the mood to paint this afternoon.  I have been watching some oil painting videos on the computer, and would like to try some of the techniques I saw.  And today I'll try to paint the canvas instead of my clothes.



3 comments:

DADD said...

Now remember, the more you learn about painting the worse your paintings will become.
When your as good as you are, you shoulc be the one teaching.

That almost breaks a persons heart, to leave a little child along as she waits for someone, anyone to come and get her.

Anonymous said...

I was so mad....
waited until 4:30 to go take care of the dogs cuz thou he's supposed to pick up at 4 I get last minute or a little later notice if he cannot. my phone won't tell me when he called, but it was after the messaged from day care at 5:15. So unfair for Kasey my baby does not deserve this!!!
frustrated momma

Anonymous said...

btw-thanks grandma!!!