Sunday, April 22, 2012

Sunday

Beautiful sunny day.  I'm watching the cooking show on QVC.  Sometimes I grab my credit card and just can't help but order something.  They have such tempting gadgets.  I have also ordered meat from them, and have never been disappointed.  I ordered  a big ham from them one year, have ordered pork tenderloin, hot dogs, and their steaks are delicious. 

*************************

I've kept my promise to draw every day - - -  well, at least for two days now.



I can't believe how difficult it was to (attempt to) draw a pine cone.  By the time I finished this, I think I had sort of figured out how to draw it.  Should do one every day.  This was done on kind of slick, off-white paper, in charcoal. In real life. 


I was looking for a pad of charcoal paper, and came upon this sketchbook with only one drawing in it.  I drew my great nephew several years ago.  I intended to draw his brother on the other side of the paper, and as you can see, I didn't get that done.

***************************

I am reading a book on my Kindle called "Ramblings from the Barn".  It's a book of anecdotes and poetry by a guy who owns a bar called "The Barn".  Very entertaining.



3 comments:

DADD said...

Sorry to say, but that looks more like an evergreen tree than a pine cone.

Rebecca2 said...

This is Betty, Lynn's friend. This is a bog posting about doing a portrait of a dog. I thought you might find the video interesting. The lab has bone cancer and won't be with her owner too much longer.

http://kathleen-coy.blogspot.com/2012/04/seize-day.html

Duene said...

Roger, exactly what I thought! That's why I need to practice drawing skills.

Betty, thanks so much for that link. I have bookmarked it as one of my favorite blogs.