Monday, April 2, 2012

Monday

Got just a skiff of snow last night.  Winter is wimpering.

Barrie was here a while ago driving her work pickup.  Looks like it's the season for her to do yardwork.

**********************

Have a few more pictures from our Montana road trip I wanted to share.


The finish line for the Race to the Sky Sled Dog Race in Lincoln, Montana.  Barrie's been in this race.  I think she took fifth place.


Lincoln is pure logging country.  This is the sign in front of their medical center.


Barrie was telling me about a tree somewhere around Lincoln called "The Boot Tree."  The loggers hung their old boots in it.


We were on a dirt road, just sightseeing, when Kasey said she had to go to the bathroom, so B..arrie pulled over under this big tree and got KC out.  When she looked up, there they were.  We found the boot tree.  A few tennis shoes were there too.  What fun!

***********************

I watched the movie "The Postman Always Rings Twice" last night.  The name of this movie was so familiar to me, I thought I remember my mother reading the book.  The orignial was filmed in 1946 with Lana Turner, and the novel was written in 1934 (by James Cain).  I have a feeling the 1981 version I watched last night was quite different.  It starred Jack Nicholas and Jessica Lang.  I had a little trouble keeping up with the plot.  I had a feeling it was going to have a bed ending, kind of like Bonnie and Clyde.  It did. 


1 comment:

Judi said...

Love the Medical Center sign and what a unique tree that is!