Thursday, September 6, 2012

Thursday

I have been shopping for a long time this morning, and finally found what I think I want.  I just ordered an oil filled radiator heater.  I have given up getting my gas log stove upstairs fixed.  All Tech was here three times last winter to fix it, and it was never fixed.  Due to personal reasons, I won't call Bridger Mechanical.  But the last time I did call them, they had a message on their answering machine that they were taking no new work orders for three months.

Maybe I'll get it fixed sometime in the future, but for now, I ordered this heater.  Barrie uses one similar to this in their bedroom.
 
Just got a new propane delivery yesterday, and there was a $7.34 fuel recovery fee, and a $9.59 haz mat fee.  Good Grief!!  If only we could depend on our power, electric heat is looking better and better.
 
**********************
 
The longer I work on trying to clean out closets and dresser drawers, the more hopeless it seems.  Who the heck put all that junk in there?


4 comments:

DADD said...

$7.34 fuel recovery fee, and a $9.59 haz mat fee.
What the hell. Sounds like a gimmick to steal $17.00 from you, thinking you won't bother to think about it.
What did they recover, if they spilled something, how do you recovery something that turn to gas? And if they recovered it then they should have given it back to you or given you a credit.
And a haz mat fee, are they that careless, and who gets that fee.
So they get careless just so they can charge that fee?
Those fees sound like something they should pay themselves as a cost of doing business.
I would call them and ask for my money back, I know you won't get it but let themn know how unhappy you are.

You don't get $40.00 worth of fuel for your car and go inside and they add another $5.00 of other charges, do they?

Betty C said...

We have a couple of heaters like that and they work really nice. Quiet and easy to operate. Tim just filled our tanks and we didn't get charged anything other than $1.39 per gallon and sales tax. I would check and then switch to PPS Co. if they don't take it off.

Duene said...

The propane was $1.75 per gallon. Time to switch me thinks.

Judi said...

We have elec & I love it. So easy! No upkeep. We do however use our wood stove & it mostly heats the house. Electric is mostly backup. Nothing beats elec heat when we are gone.