Wednesday, September 26, 2012

Wednesday

New things in the art group today.  Conley brought masonite he has cut in different sizes to tape watercolor paper to.  I took 3 sets of Inktense pencils (which are already gone).  Using EBay is wonderful for us.  I got the pencils for $25 per set, we sold them for $30 (making a little money for the art group). Miriam said she saw the exact same thing in Idaho falls, selling for $40 plus per set.

***************************
 
I almost got a new Dodge truck (and a dog) today.    When I left art group, I backed up (forgetting the trailer hitch Barrie had put on), and hooked the ball under the bumper of the pickup behind me.  The Dodge wanted to follow me home.  At least four men and two women ended up out there, telling me which way to turn the wheel, go forward or back, etc.  I was relieved when Chuck showed up and guided me out of it.  The ball is now in the back of the pickup, and Barrie can put it back on if she wants.
 
 
Several of us painted dark skies today, using either indigo blue or paynes grey.  This is what I ended up with.  I waited until the shine went off the wet paper, and give it a very light spray with water.  I don't have any idea what I will put on the horizon or in the foreground.
 
 
 
 


1 comment:

Judi said...

Your sky reminds me first of "Starry Night" and 2nd of "Snowy Night". Glad Chuck showed up.