Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Tuesday

 
I finished this little (5" x 7") buffalo this morning.  I've drawn some fair buffalo in my time, but this isn't one of them.  He's not scruffy enough, and I don't have enough dark against light.  More fighting with values.  Although my reference photo doesn't have a large range of values, there should be more.

***********************
Miss Kasey got to come home after school yesterday instead of a visit.  It is fun to hear to chatter about kindergarten.
 
 
I sent this photo to Tracy yesterday, and she loved it.  Although he was a little brown dog, I had a dog like this once.  He could smell if the gate was open, I think.  One morning, in the wee small hours of the morning, Tracy chased him down the street and threw a rock at him.  She couldn't even see him in the dark, but the rock hit him, and he never ran away from Tracy after that. 
 


2 comments:

DADD said...

That is the new anti-gravity model of dogs.

Now I see why I don't even try to be an artist. I don't have the slightest idea about ligh and dark values. The buffalo looks great to me.
Hey anything better than a stick figure (that is what I draw)looks great to me.

Judi said...

I like that buffalo's no-nonsense haircut.