Friday, October 19, 2012

Friday

I watched the movie "Ocean's Eleven" last night.  Not the remake, but the old one with Frank Sinatra, Sammy Davis Jr. and Dean Martin.  So much smoking!!  Everyone had a cigarette at all times, it seemed like.  I read later that Sammy Davis Jr. died of throat cancer at age 64.  And Dean Martin had lung cancer.

Vegas looked like it did the first time I was there.  I think we stayed at the Sands.  We went to the Dean Martin show, and it was great.  He held the door for me when we left, and he was shorter than I thought he was.

*******************************
 
The Chinese brush painting I experimented with yesterday was a flop.  Besides the fact I don't know what I'm doing, I think the paper I have is too cheap and of poor quality.  Or maybe it's just me.
 
*******************************
 
And if you're wanting something different for desert tonight, here is an article on "How to Make Fried Ice Cream."
 

1 comment:

MOM/Gina said...

I've done the fried ice cream. To kill for...

As hard as Charm works on her painting, I'm sure it's far from easy. Keep it up.