Tuesday, October 9, 2012

Tuesday

 
This is part of the vine that grows up the south side of my house. I got seeds from my Mom years ago.  I think she called it "woodbine."  There is also some growing on the cinderblock retaining wall in our front yard.  It is different from hops, which dies back every year.  This vine leafs out all tlhe way up, although there are some dead parts in it.  Birds like to nest in it.

***********************
 
In my ongoing efforts to clean and declutter this house, I pulled sixteen sweaters out of mydownstairs bedroom closet.  At least half of them are hand knit.  I better wash them all - I'm sure they smell of cigarette smoke.
 
I'd like to get my hands on that person who stuffed all that stuff in that closet!
 


1 comment:

Judi said...

That vine is a beautiful shade of red. I am sure you can tell me the exact color name. 16 sweaters!!! You have got to be kidding! I'm sure you're not.