Saturday, October 13, 2012

Saturday

 
I just finished reading this book, by Katie Neely Meadows.  It's about growing up in Pinedale, and it was a great book.  I taught Katie in kindergarten.  Wonder if I had any thing to do with this?

I think my favorite thing in the whole book was her telling about when she got old enough to ride her bike to the park by herself.  She wrote ----

"Watch out for moose", Mom and Dad cautioned.  Not "Don't talk to strangers."

What a wonderful memory of Pinedale - the days when we worried more about our kids meeting up with an angry moose than being lured into a car by a stranger.

****************************
 
I Googled "Zentangle" today after our discussion about it.  Imagine my surprise when I discovered I have "tangled" for years.   It was just something I did in the margins of a notebook while sitting through boring inservice meetings, faculty meetings, and committee meetings.  I thought I was just doodling.  Now I guess it's considered an art form.  I should have saved those old notebooks.
 

3 comments:

MOM/Gina said...

I liked Katie's book too.
Guess I'm a "tangler" too...

Judi said...

Yes, great book.
I still don't understand how 'zentangling' & quilting go together, like Dee said.

Rollie said...

I, too, liked Katie's book. I'm now reading the second one.