Sunday, October 7, 2012

Yesterday my horoscope said I was the smartest person in the room.  Well, as I was home alone and Kat was the only one in the room with me, I guess that makes my horoscope accurate.

The movie "Annie" is now thirty years old, and I read an article about it the other day.  Ailleen Quinn played the part of Annie, and I was disappointed to read that she wore a wig.  Well, I should have known that, but it kind of burst my bubble.  There were 8,000 little girls who auditioned for the part of an orphan in the movie.  She acted mostly in the theater for a while, then went back to college to get her degree.  She still acts, both in films and on Broadway, and  is the lead singer of an L.A. based Rockabilly band, “The Leapin' Lizards”.

*************************
 

Just Do It!

I am really tired of  looking at this oil painting.  This morning seemed like a good day to work on it (and the other two unfinished ones.)  I'm still not happy with her face, but made some progress. 
 
 
How the heck do you sign an oil painting?  I think I better work on that.
 
 

 



2 comments:

Judi said...

Seems to me I saw this deer a few weeks back & couldn't make head nor tail out of it. Now I can! That's progress.
I read somewhere that true redheads are an endangered species & may be extinct soon. Not surprising that Annie wore a wig.

DADD said...

Yeah, I read something about the redheads also.