Tuesday, October 30, 2012

Tuesday

What happened?  I thought I was going through photo albums and scanning picures.  Today I am printing more pictures!

Some 4" x 6' photo paper came into the Food Basket, and Judi brought it to me.  Who can figure, but I just happen to have a little 4" x 6" photo printer stashed away in the bottom of the printer stand downstairs.  So now instead of turning old photos into digital form, I am printing digital photos on paper.

 
I knew it would need a new ink cartridge, but just happened have one in a desk drawer.
The only problem is, it won't accept my SD memory cards, but it will accept the Compact Disk card.

*************************
 
I found a very cheap Chinese Brush Painting gift set on eBay.  It was brand new, and I don't think it was cheap in its former life.  So I now have better brushes and paper.  One of the things included was a little thing called  "Slate Practice Paper".  It's a wonderful invention.  You practice your strokes on it with clear water, and within a few minutes, the strokes disappear and you can keep practicing.
 
 
 
I don't know why this should suprise me.  I used to do the same thing with kindergartners.  I bought some of those small foam paint brushes, gave them water, and let them practice letters, numbers, and stuff on the chalkboard.



2 comments:

Judi said...

It is rather the same thing as my white, slate "Buddha Board". Didn't I bring it to Art Group once?
Were my Kdgn guesses right yesterday?

Duene said...

I'll bring the photo tomorrow to art group. I have most of the names on the back.