Monday, October 22, 2012

Monday

This morning I decided to try out the "stitching" feature of the new little scanner.  I set it to stitch mode and made two passes on a page of my big Rand McNally Road Atlas.  Then opened the images in "Page Manager", a program I installed yesterday.  Couldn't have been simpler.  Here is what I got with two images of the Texas map merged.

 
************************
 
 
 This guy was busy with my fence this morning.  I don't know what kind of woodpecker he his.  He moved constantly, so it was hard to get a good picture of him.  I'm not fast enough, and neither is my camera.

***********************
 
Tried painting some bamboo again this morning.  I suppose I could practice bamboo all winter.  I really don't like the paper I'm trying to use.  Somewhere I read to use old newspaper for practice.
 


3 comments:

DADD said...

It looks like a female downy. I think the males have a red spot on the back of their heads.

Judi said...

DADD beat me to the punch. Yes, female Downy.
That scanner just keeps getting better.

Charmian said...

I need to show you my Chinese brush painting DVDs that I ordered from Oriental Art Supply. They are really fun!! Not to mention helpful.