Tuesday, October 2, 2012

Tuesday

I sure like the little oil filled electric radiator I got for my upstairs room.  It is starting to be a little chilly in the mornings, so I have been turning it on for a while.  Of course the sun does a large part of heating my studio room.  The heater has a clock/timer system.  I can set it to turn on at a certain time every morning.  But if the power blinks, you lose your settings, so why bother?

**********************
 
I got my "upstairs yarn" bagged up for the Food Basket.  Now I have to sort through the yarn I've got downstairs. 
 
*****************************




I finished the pencil drawing of Boomer, our famous St Bernard today. Well, I'm not sure he was famous, but he was notorious.  He scared people to death, but as far as I know, he never really bit anybody, just left tooth marks on their shoes and small holes in the sleeves of their coats.

One day I left the house, and was driving out of town to the west when Jim Reynolds chased me down and told me Boomer was running down Main Street after my pickup.  I went back and saw a red pickup pull out on Main Street with Boomer in the back.  Chris Meiring pulled up behind me and gave the the license plate number of the truck.  She had seen Boomer jump in.  I didn't see the truck around town, so I went to the courthouse and got the name of the owner.  Meanwhile, poor Louie Collar had tried to stop his truck and get Boomer out.  Boomer snarled and barked and wouldn't let Louie near his own truck, so Louie went in the old Delgado Oil office and some of the girls came out.

Boomer liked women better than he did men, and one of the women was able to read his license number.  So while I was calling Louie's house, he was calling mine.  Tracy was home, and came down to Delgado's to get him.

And now I will bore you with a couple of Boomer photographs:






Boomer and his favorite kitten.  I call this picture "The Bodyguard."

 
Boomer never did figure out that he wasn't a lap dog.

 
Boomer and Barrie ready for breakfast.  Yes, we fed him at the table.  It was very entertaining, and he had good manners.  He had a plastic margarine container that he would hold in his mouth, waiting for a bite.  It we didn't put anything in it, he would fling it up on the table and push it towards us

3 comments:

Judi said...

The sketch is incredible. You did honor to old Boomer. The photos are fun, too. What a story! We all remember Boomer.

Rebecca2 said...

Love your story and pictures about Boomer. I had a German Shepherd named Boomer -- probably for the very same reason! Lynn's friend, Betty

Anonymous said...

supreme
fear of god clothing
kyrie 8
kobe
gap yeezy
jordan shoes
off white hoodie
jordan shoes
kyrie 7 shoes
kyrie 6