Wednesday, October 10, 2012

Wednesday

Both Hugh and Nancy are leaving for the winter.  They  promise to return in the spring. 

And Pam has to go back to Pennsylvania for her husband's job.  He has already found an apartment for them and is buying furniture.  I don't know when Rollie and Judi plan to go south for the winter.  They probably haven't decided yet.

************************
 
I took two new palettes, some Inktense pencils, some erasers, and a watercolor paper pad for our supply cabinet this morning.  The pencils and the pad are already gone.  More shopping to do!
 
I got a VHS tape and a DVD on EBay on watercolor techniques by Ron Ranson.  The DVD is great, but it hangs up about 3/4 of the way through.  I tried cleaning it once, but it didn't change things.  And the VCR tape turned out to be a BETA.  I e-mailed the guy who sent the tape, and he apologized and has already refunded my money.  He hadn't realized what he was selling me, and told me to just throw it away.   
 
*******************************
 
A while back, I took an old sketch book to art group.  (a really old one).  There was a picture in it that I had drawn of Grandpa Hardy.  Judi found Barbara Boyce out in the big room and sent her in to see me.  I tore the drawing out of the book and gave it to her.  Today she came in to show me she had it framed and is going to hang it at her house.  Nice!
 
****************************

Four Years Ago

 

 

This is how Kat started out.  This was taken several days after Barrie found her abandoned in our front yard, and dashed to the clinic to get a kitten bottle and formula.  She was NEVER a happy cat, I guess.  Well, she seems contented now, but never will be very friendly.
 
 


1 comment:

Judi said...

Cute Kat!
I am a little slow, but I emailed you the sketch of Bob Hardy plus a bonus bio!!! You will have lots of material for tomorrow's blog.