Sunday, July 13, 2008

Another Cool Night

Another wonderful cool night last night. My thermometer said it got down to 37 degrees.

My brother called last night and we had a nice visit. He said my sister-in-law was in the hospital and plans to be home by Tuesday. Bummer! That's no way to spend your summer, Alice!! I will call her later today.

The hummingbird I saw yesterday must have just been on his way through to someone else's garden.
********************************

Here are two photos I took in Daniel.

Click on photos to see a larger image.

The cows were in a corral right in front of the old Daniel School. They had climbed right up into the hay, and were really enjoying it. I took lots of pictures of them, and knew this one was a keeper when I saw how their heads were lined up. Sometimes I name my photos - I call this one "Let's Do Lunch"


And this is the purple tree, which has stood next to the highway in Daniel forever. I took it from across the road, using a slightly telephoto lens, which really brings the mountains up close.

*****************************

I am almost finished with an oil pastel painting of mountains and a river. I worked on it some yesterday, and can't get the river right. I may end up putting a lot more trees to almost hide the river. I don't think I like oil pastels very much, but I have to give them a chance. This is my first attempt using them. Also, I bought a large set, quite expensive, so should keep trying.

******************************

1 comment:

Lynn's Lines said...

Hi Duene! Been meaning to write for weeks. But now stopping procrastinating to ask what's the matter with Alice? Sure hope nothing too serious. She's had her share of problems and doesn't need more. I love your blog very much, great photos, and the wildlife ones, wow! I also put your link onto my blog now using their new blog list. Hope to see you soon - in fact would you like to come to the next Mixed Media meeting? Its at Charms next Tuesday up at Boulder Lake. Love, Lynn