Tuesday, July 1, 2008

July 1, 2008 - more signs




Click on photos to see a larger image.


I'm not sure why I find this sign humorous. It may just be my sense of humor, but it seems strange to have these two together. Just don't forget which you are doing!



This is a sign in front of a motel in Shoshoni. "Singel"?? I hate to even think what kind of room you can get for $27.95. And what is IR?




Cute old sign in Daniel.

I went to South Pass City last fall - it had been years since I'd been there. I was so disappointed in what has happened to it. It has become so "touristy", and doesn't look much like the old ghost town I remembered. All kinds of new wooden (varnished) sidewalks and ramps. You can't go into most of the buildings - they did have some neat displays, set up behind dirty and scratched plexiglass. It was almost impossible to take any photos.



Also, many of the buildings are being painted with fresh coats of white paint, which detracts from the image of a "ghost town".

I drove on over to Atlantic City, which really isn't a ghost town, but has some interesting structures.





No comments: