Friday, July 11, 2008

Rendevous - July 11

Rendezvous Time! I used to take part in all these activities. I drove around town a bit this morning, and it was so crowded with people on the streets, and lots of booths and tents selling their goods. I didn't even feel tempted to find a place to park and and go "shopping".

I also saw a couple of old grubby-looking big busses in the parking lot of the grocery store with grubby -looking Rainbows hanging around. I had my camera with me, but didn't try to photograph any of them.

I finally got to visit with Tracy, after missing a couple calls. She called me from her cell phone while shopping at Target. Their lives are so busy. Paul is a partner in a law firm in Frisco, Colorado, and Tracy works as the Office Manager for the firm, as well as doing some paralegal work. They will be here next month with their boat and camper for some time at Fremont Lake. I am so looking forward to seeing them!

*************************************************


Reference photo for the watercolor painting
Click to enlarge.

The only artwork I did today was scrub off some of the old wood background of the painting I am doing of my old red wheelbarrow. I got so carried away with it that it looked like the wood was going to be the main focus of the painting, not the wheelbarrow. I wish I could loosen up with my painting and stop trying to make everything so detailed and realistic.


No comments: