Thursday, July 3, 2008

July 3, 2008 - Lilacs

Lilacs


Click on photos to see a larger image.

Lilac bushes are blooming all over town. What an amazing sight! I didn't know we had so many lilacs in Pinedale.

This bush is down by the fence, crowded in among quakies, caragana, and a blue spruce tree. I once pulled up a sucker from beside the bush under my living room window, and stuck it in the ground down there. My bush under the living room window didn't even get buds on it this year. It had grown up over the window so I couldn't see out, so I cut it way back a couple of years ago. It is a beautiful bush, but hasn't bloomed since I lopped it off.


The one on the south side of my house bloomed, but it has a hard life. When snow and ice slide off the roof, it gets bent and broken.


A mountain lion with colored pencils which I finished recently. As usual, I'm not happy with the colors I get with colored pencils.


Feathers on black paper with colored pencils. Using a very dark paper does make the colors pop out more.

**********************************

We didn't get much visiting done at our art group yesterday, as it was "video day". And they even watched two of them! I kind of missed the laughter and conversations we usually have.


No comments: