Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Tuesday, July 8 - more photos

Clarisa Mine
Click on images for larger version
Although I was disappointed with South Pass City, I did think the old Clarisa Mine was interesting. I couldn't find a way to drive close to it, however. The lighting was so bad, the sky was white, so I did some creative editing on the photo and ended up with the following:


Another image with a boring, plain, too-white sky. So I replaced it with a better sky with my photo editing program.

****************************

After crawling on my hands and knees and dragging my air conditioner out from my under-the-eaves storage space, I haven't used it since the first day. The weather has been beautiful, not too hot, a nice breeze, and a few clouds. I'm certainly not complaining!

I've started on a new watercolor painting of my old red wheelbarrow. I set up the "arrangement" against the house and photographed it. I am using something new - Instead of liquid masking fluid, I bought some masking film. Seems to work fine.

I haven't taken many photographs lately. When I look towards the mountains and see how bad our air is, I know I would be disappointed in any landscape photos. Guess I should do some plein air painting.

I wonder if we will ever have clear skies again?


No comments: