Thursday, July 17, 2008

July 17 - Taking care of cat problem

Catching Cats
I called Julie this morning about my abundance of cats and kittens. She brought up two live traps for me. This may take a while, as I am wondering if there is any chance of catching more than one at a time. But Julie said she will check back often and left me her cell phone number. She also says she thinks she can find homes for the kittens, as people are wanting them. She says they will be easy to tame down.

I have an appointment with Susie on Tuesday to have my two original cats spayed, and will keep them. I will miss watching the kittens, but they are out of hand. They don't do what outdoor cats are supposed to do - grow up and leave home. Of course, some of them "leave home" by going down on the highway.

It used to be an ideal neighborhood for cats up here - lots of old abandoned buildings and places for them to live.

Julie came in to look at my computer while she was here. Pinedaleonline had a picture of her son, Jesse, in Rendezvous, which she had not seen. I printed out a copy for her. She caught me up on what her two sons are doing now. I taught them both.

****************************************

Judi promised me it wouldn't be goulish of me to post some cemetery pictures. Fremont County, and especially the Reservation, have some great cemetaries for wandering through and taking picures.

Click on photos for larger versions

This was taken at the St. Sevens Catholic Cemetary just before Halloween. There were a lot of Halloween decorations on many of the graves.

This says it all.

******************************************

When my mother was hospitalized in Riverton a couple of years ago, I had lots of opportunity to drive around the area, so I visited the St. Stevens cemetery, the Sacajawea cemetery, the Washakie cemetery, and the LeClair family cemetery. Very interesting places.

No comments: