Wednesday, July 9, 2008

Wednesday July 8 - Art Group

Shoshoni
Click on photos to see larger version.
This photo is for Vicki. She has mentioned seeing the artwork on this old abandonded store building in Shoshoni. This was Sid's Gambles store, and Sid sold everything you could imagine, plus some you couldn't. Sid's store was in several different locations through the years, but this is the final one. This location included the old Park Cafe, the old movie theatre, and I'm not sure what the other business was, a grocery store, maybe? The movie theatre area still had sloping floors. Sid had the place packed from basement to ceiling with his merchandise, and it was an adventure sometimes to just get through the mazes. Finally the fire marshall shut it down.

Through the years, Sid's son has brought merchandise out onto the street and sold most of it at auction. I'm not sure if they ever got all the merchandise sold.
********************************

When I was first starting to learn Photoshop, which is the computer program I use to edit photos, I made a collage from two photos I took from the same location on Ehman Lane, one in the winter, and the other the next summer.


This antelope and her three fawns were beside the Fremont Lake Road. I thought they posed nicely for me. The third fawn was behind the others, and I cropped it out of the photo

*****************************

It was nice to get together with the art group this morning at Rendezvous Point. Barbara is back from California. Judi wasn't there - she is having WAAY too much fun with her family.

Conley finished an awesome watercolor of a jumping trout, which he is having framed at Ruth's.

Ruth is bringing Graham Flatt back again in Ausust for a workshop. I attended his watercolor workshop last summer. He is an incredible artist and a inspiring teacher.

**************************************

No comments: