Friday, July 4, 2008

Trouble in the Rainbow Camp

Last night about 7:00, I heard 7 or 8 cops cars or ambulances go by fast out of town to the south with sirens. This morning I read that an incident occurred at the Rainbow camp in which FS employees tried to arrest a Rainbow person, and about 400 of them circled him and interfered, throwing rocks and sticks. Reinforcements showed up from Fremont County, Pinedale, and Sweetwater County. I guess they ended up making 5 arrests, one officer was injured, and one vehicle was damaged.

I also read that a temporary court with a judge has been set up at the fire station in Farson. They are processing Rainbow people there daily. From the information in the article, it appears they are bringing some people into court for some pretty insignificant reasons.

I would hate to be the person in charge of these people. I wonder if the law enforcement personnel may be over reacting to some of it. They seem to be issuing summons for every little infraction, like a driver whose licence plate light was burned out.

I think if I were in charge, I would station personnel around the perimeter of the area, and stay out of the camp. Let them go naked, overdose on drugs, kill each other, or whatever. As long as they stay in their camp.

I guess that's why I'm not in charge!!

Hopefully, they will all be gone in a couple of weeks.
*******************************

Click on images to see a larger version

This is a pen and ink I did not too long ago - and a watercolor (my version of the cave art at Lascoux). I will never see the orignal artwork in these caves in person, or even the replica cave the French government built when they had to close the cave. But I love looking at photos of all the art.

******************************************


No comments: