Monday, July 14, 2008

Two Old Photos

These are old photos I took a long time ago with my old Minolta camera. The deer was a slide, which I scanned. I was doing a lot of black and white photography at the time, and even had my own darkroom. I really enjoyed it, but I don't miss the smelly chemicals.

Click on photos to see a larger image
This deer was standing beside the road close the Air Force buildings on the Boulder Road.


There used to be some beautiful old buildings and barn beside the Boulder Road up close to Hittles. I loved to explore and photograph there. Sadly, they are all gone now.

*********************************************

I finally saw a hummingbird at my upstairs feeder. I'm not sure if that feeder leaks, or if the wind has tipped it so much that all the feed has dripped out. At any rate, I need to get some fresh sugar water mixed. It is a fancy blue glass and copper feeder, and it wasn't worth the money. I think it might leak, and the birds like the old fashioned plastic with yellow flowers better.

After living at 109 Canal Street for about 40 years, the town of Pinedale has sent me a letter telling me that number is incorrect. They tell me the street address is 525 Canal, and that I need to put up new numbers.

I wonder how many other residents in town are having to change their address? I just hope UPS and FedEx will be able to find me. I don't think I'll rush into putting up new numbers for a while.

I called my sister-in-law in the hospital in Riverton yesterday afternoon, and she was sleeping. When I called again later, my brother was there, so I visited with him. Alice is having kind of a hard time. She has a bladder infection, and they don't seem to be able to get the antibiotics to knock it.


No comments: