Thursday, July 10, 2008

July 10, 2008 more Photoshop

Here are a couple of extreme photo fixes I did last year. I hadn't looked at them for a long time, and kind of enjoy putting the "before" and "after" pictures side by side to see what I actually did.

click on photos for a larger image

Many of you recognize this store at Daniel. Don't know for sure what I was doing when I took the picture, but it is definitely tilted. Yes, I was right in front of the bar, but I hadn't been in there! By the time I finished cloning out things like the power lines, straightening the image, cloning some grass in front, and adding the sky, and changing the colors and mood, it reminded me of the Stephen King book "Needful things".


I have this neat Photoshop filter to make fog, and I used it on this old stump. After I added the fog, I used the "eraser" tool to erase the fog from the stump and bring it back.

*********************************

This is how photojournalists get in trouble. They can make a woman politician look older and uglier in their photos, they can fake things in a picture, and some of them have been caught at it. I won't try to pass any of these "edited" pictures off as the genuine thing.

*****************************

I am trying very hard to be productive today, like haul some garbage from the yard down to the dumpster. I have some old wire border fencing that I am getting rid of, and some old flower pots. I'm not too interested in doing it. After all, I cleaned out the dishwasher today, isn't that enough work?


No comments: