Sunday, July 20, 2008

July 20

This is my first oil pastel. It didn't turn out too badly, but his hair is NOT yellow.


Click on photos to see a larger version

This is something I have to make myself do more often. I should draw something in my sketchbook every day. There is an artist web site with forums for everything to do with art. They have an "artwork from life" forum, and someones posts a list every week of things to draw. Almost everything on the list is something you can find in the house, and you are to draw items from life - no cheating and drawing from a photograph. I have been lazy lately, and neglecting my drawing.



***********************
When I got up this morning, I put on a pair of shorts. I have given up on that and put on a pair of long pants. Now I am thinking I want a long sleeved shirt! The forecast said a 30% chance of rain, and they are not right very often. But it is cloudy and cool, so maybe we will get some rain this afternoon.

I read in the Casper Tribune on-line this morning that the Forest Service has shut down a resort/lodge near Tensleep and revoked their permit. The owner said the manager he hired was responsible for the needed repairs, and had not done them. The Casper paper has a "comments" space after each article, and someone left this comment:

TrueBlue wrote on Jul 19, 2008 9:19 PM:
" No sweat, Jim McCotter, hire a few hippies from the Rainbow Clan to run the resorts for you. The Forest service allows them free reign. "
***********************************

No comments: