Sunday, July 6, 2008

Summer Heat

Cooling Off
Several years ago, I purchased a portable water cooler for my upstairs, which wasn't worth much. I did a lot of searching, and found this unit. About four times as expensive as the water unit, and it needs to be vented out the window. But it does a good job of keeping me comfortable when I am upstairs. The rooms don't get too hot until late in the day, as there is usually a breeze and I can open all the windows. But in the evening when it gets really still, it gets hot.

This was delivered to my basement door, and I got it to the bottom of the basement stairs, and couldn't get it up. One day Bobbi called and said she was coming over with Matt when he came to teach the ceramics class at Rendezvous Point. I got Matt to help me. Bless his heart! He carried the thing up two flights of stairs for me.
****************
click on photos to see a larger version

I started this watercolor painting of an old cabin some time ago, and finished it yesterday.


This pen and ink of a mountain lion was finished yesterday too. After putting it aside, I now see I need to do more work on his neck on the left side.

*****************************************

Tracy has called me twice since they got home from Beleze, and missed me both times. She is working on getting pictures ready to e-mail me.


No comments: