Wednesday, December 24, 2008

Christmas Eve Day

Breakfast at Grandmas

Ate the banana. My plate's empty!

Ahh, toast is good!

*****************************

Barrie is working this morning and didn't have daycare, so I have her. She came for breakfast, and I wasn't sure I was going to get her filled up!

Both Lynn and Gina offered me some gift wrap after I complained yesterday that Ridley's was out of it. But you know what? Having a few cardboard boxes under the tree really isn't that big a deal. Thanks so much for the offer, friends!

I am supposed to be busy putting sheets on beds, cleaning bathrooms, etc. But I seem to be stuck in a slow gear.

I am a little concerned about Paul and Tracy driving from Colorado tonight. She didn't know when they would be able to leave, and of course the roads will be bad. They drive a big four wheel drive pickup, so that is good.

I don't know if any of you remember last year, but I was on my way to Colorado to spend Christmas with them. But after I had to be pulled out of the ditch between Creston Junction and Baggs, I came back home. The roads were only going to be worse in Colorado, and I would have had to go over Rabbit Ears Pass. I have been over that pass in the winter with snowy roads before, but I'd just as soon not.

***********************************

Lynn mentioned that she always thought hand held showers symbolized an invalid. When my nephew and neice were here for Thanksgiving, Braxton, their five year old, saw my upstairs bathroom with the shower stall with a hand held shower head, and he told his mom to come see "this totally awesome bathroom". So think positive, Lynn! Five year olds think they are awesome!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I went over Rabbit Ears Pass in the late spring and it had snowed and was icy. At the crest of the pass I met a semi tanker that had been coming the other way jacknifed in the middle of the road. It was scary. And apparently quite memorable, for me to be writing of it years later. I crept down the other side and more trucks were stalled on the ice.
Love, Lynn

Anonymous said...

where you come from!

Anonymous said...

Good article, good things, good feelings, good BLOG!