Thursday, December 18, 2008

Mona Lisa Smile

Mona Lisa Smile
Click on image for larger view
Here is the completed drawing I did of the Crow Indian. It was done on smooth Bristol board with Derwent drawing pencils in earth tones. Those pencils are very soft, and are probably each two inches shorter than when I started the drawing. I have ordered another set of the four colors.

Yes, he still looks like he is smiling. I think he is smiling because he knows the Indians got even with the white man in a small way by giving us tobacco.

********************************************
I put the artificial tree together today, and am not sure what happened to it. It is one of the prelit ones (I swore off ever dealing with strands of lights again). But I seem to have this loop, or string of branch material and lights that have come loose from the tree. I decided to deal with it later. Will probably wait until Saturday to decorate it, when Barrie and Kasey can both be here.

Barrie is bringing Kasey this afternoon about 4:00. She and her co-workers are having a cookie exchange. I guess that's a party?
I wonder what Kasey will think of the tree? Hope she doesn't react to it like she did to Santa! I think I have quite a few tough decorations we can put down low so she can help, and move them around.

The cat, on the other hand, will be a different story. She has never been outdoors, so has never seen a tree. But maybe tree climing is an inborn instinct?

No comments: