Friday, December 5, 2008

Friday

From my Childhood

Click on images for a larger view
Judi mentioned the little table and chairs in the background of the photo I posted yesterday. She thought it looked like it needed a Kasey sized tea set.

My mother got this set for me when I was a little girl. I think the original chairs were like little benches, which tipped over very easily. There is a box somewhere in my basement with little glass dishes, but I don't remember ever playing "tea party". My mother also made a lot of doll clothes for me, which I put on my cats.

I think small children used to eat at this table at family dinners. I remember Tracy eating at it. I refinished this table and chairs a few years ago.


Just Another Pretty Face

A couple of does were resting in my yard this morning. This one almost looks like she is smiling for the camera.

*********************************

I read this morning that the market value of Wyoming's public employee pension fund is down 25 percent, but they say the fund is having no trouble meeting its obligations to retired public employees. They have more than enough cash flow to meet all foreseeable and current obligations. Contributions from current employees alone cover the system's obligation to pay retirees. Puts my mind somewhat at ease, I guess.

Barrie plans to run dogs this weekend and has promised me I can have Kasey. Yeah!

Barrie sounds healthier. She is so pleased with Julie B. as a day care provider. She says Kasey won't even stop to say good bye to her in the mornings. She is off to join the other kids. When Barrie picks her up, she says Kasey is clean, rested, and happy. That makes life much easier for Barrie.

I remember Tracy cried every time I left her at day care or a baby sitter. But she also cried when I picked her up and made her come home!



1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love the little table. What a great history. When you dig out the "little dishes", let us see them! Your blog is always fun. JAM