Sunday, December 14, 2008

A Frayed Knot


A rope went into a bar and ordered a drink. The bartender said, "We don’t serve your kind here."So, the rope went outside, rubbed and rubbed himself on the sidewalk,and tied himself into a knot.

Then the rope went back into the bar and again ordered a drink. The bartender said, "Aren’t you the same rope that I refused to serve before?"The rope answered, "No, I’m afraid not.

*************************************

Sorry, but I am kind of bored today could not resist posting this joke when I actually found a photograph on the internet of a "frayed knot".

******************************

Barrie took Kasey to the library yesterday for some of the kids' activities and to see Santa. She said it didn't work out very well. Kasey had a meltdown when she saw Santa, and cried, hid her face and clung to Barrie. Well, maybe next year.

************************************************

The sepia tone pencil drawing of the Indian is not going well. My photo reference is a very stern looking man from an Edward Curtis photo. But my Indian has a "Mona Lisa Smile", I kid you not. He also almost has a twinkle in his eye. Maybe I need to put it away for a while

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Myaybe you see the real deal not the way curtis portrayed them.
nanny

Judith Angell Meyer said...

I think I might have to agree with "nanny." Makes you think that the Indian got the better deal than Curtis this time.

I'm afraid not ... ::giggle:: Actually that is pretty much the way I feel after today!

~J~

Anonymous said...

Hey Duane! Scott says he gets this joke.. ha ha....but he still doesn't get the "Duane the bathtub I'm dwown'in" joke!

Betty