Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Home

Tracy and Paul startef for Colorado this morning, so the house is very quiet. I hope they have good roads.

They went sledding on the hill down the street from my house yesterday with Leslie and Russell and their little girl. Then they went to Natalie and Wards for dinner last night. They usually aren't here long enough to have time to visit friends, and it was nice they were able to this time.

Tracy made roast beef sanwiches to take with them. That wonderful roast I bought at Obos has fed five people for five days!


*******************************
One of the nicest presents I received was a big book of Ansel Adams photography. I admire his work so much. Once in a while I try to imitate him using a digital color photo, and working on it in Photoshop. I was kind of happy with the results on the following three photos, but they certainly don't compare to Ansel Adam's work.








**********************************
Here are a couple of things you really SHOULD know!

On this day in 1953, the first color TV sets went on sale for about $1,175.

On the "WickiHow" website, you can find out how to clean a toilet stool with Coke.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Those first 2 photos were breathtaking and I thought they WERE Ansel Adams's until I read your script. WOW! JAM

Anonymous said...

The photos are amazing and so beautiful. You did a great job with them in the photoshop, but they had to be good in the first place.
Like the painting as you finished it too.
Love, Lynn

Anonymous said...

Very good!

Anonymous said...

Read your article, if I just would say: very good, it is somewhat insufficient, but I am

still tempted to say: really good!
Personalized Signature:面对面视频游戏,本地棋牌游戏,本地方言玩游戏,打麻将,玩掼蛋,斗地主,炸金花,玩梭哈