Monday, December 1, 2008

Monday

Click on images for a larger view.
This is the little light cube I used to photograph Alice's bronze sculpture, after trying everything else. I finally got acceptable results by using it. It is not very big, and every time I use it I forget how to set it up. I think I had it upside down, because it did not have the top on it. But that worked better for this piece anyway.


Here is the photo I took in the light box. I didn't post the one I did in natural light, but the bronze looked gray. I know if I really worked at it and practiced a lot, I would learn how to use the settings on my camera to get better results.

***************************************

This little innocent-looking thing is about to undergo some training.


Here is the device Barrie found for me on line, and I have ordered it.

**********************************

The cat discovered she could get up on the night stands and then on my bed. She thought she was in heaven laying on that down comforter with her head on my pillow! I got the spray bottle, and she would jump down and hide, but would be right back up as soon as I turned my back. My nephew also watched her and sprayed her. He got her really wet once, and that slowed her down, but she did get up on the bed again yesterday. Barrie found this for me on line and I ordered it. It runs on batteries, has a sensor that can detect when the cat comes through the doorway, and sprays a harmless odorless gas. They call it "avoidance training".

I know how tempting that bed is, and if it weren't for my allergies, I would probably allow her up there. As she gets older, I may need to set it on the kitchen counter and maybe some other places.

I have ordered her a nice little comfy sheepskin bed - that should help. And also ordered a scratching post. Can you believe me?

No comments: