Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Shopping

No pictures today - I spent the day trying to get caught up on things and ready for Christms.

I went to the post office. I think all my packages have arrived. Went to the bank and got some cash for a gift.

Then I went to new Specialty Meats at Obos. What a wonderful place! Several of the old Falers crew were there - Bruce, Barbara, Debbie, Lana, and probably more. And everyone shopping there were locals. I hadn't expected them to have fresh produce and cheeses, but they have a nice selection, and I bought some. I got a beautiful tenderloin roast, which Bruce cut and tied for me, and told me how to cook it. Of course it was busy just before Christmas, but I am sure it will remain very popular. Their prices are very competitive with Ridleys, and their selections of meat are so much better than we are used to in Pinedale.

After that, I went to Ridleys for the other things I needed. Incidentally, when I walked past the meat area, a heated argument was going on behind the counter.

Ridleys doesn't even carry "goldfish crackers", I found out after a long search and finally asking for help. I thought every store in the world sold goldfish crackers! I couldn't find the prepared pie dough, except for the ones already in an aluminum pan, which were all broken up into pieces. I couldn't find the black cherries for the salad/dessert my brother made for Thanksgiving dinner. Is that a specialty item, I wonder?

The real clincher was when I found out they were all out of Christmas wrapping paper. Not even a roll left! So it looks like I am going to have some brown cardboard boxes under the tree.

Actually, Ridley's had a lot of empty shelves, and of course a bunch of empty cardboard boxes and clutter in the isles.

After I watch Judge Judy, I will finish putting away the groceries I bought. I got them as far as the basement, and decided to take a break.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow, Ridley's sure has changed from the "day". Falers did so much better job of managing that place.

I wish the rumor that a "Smith's" is coming to Pinedale would come to fruition.

Nice here in Az today. Locals think it's cold (60 degrees)

Merry Christmas

Hank/Debi

Anonymous said...

Duene, I have a box of paper and ribbons I'm not using. Some of it is saved, but might work esp. for free. Come and get it if you want it. I won't be using any.

Adding to your comments, the floor in Ridley's is absolutely filthy.
Love, Lynn

Sally said...

What nice things to say about Obo's! Merry Christmas Duene

Anonymous said...

I like your blog

Anonymous said...

I will pass on your article introduced to my other friends, because really good!