Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Cold

Click on images for a larger view.
I didn't finish this painting yesterday as planned, but I did finish it in art group this morning. I want to do some more small studies of water and some of snow.

Instead of starting or planning a watercolor, I started a new pencil drawing of an Indian, using sepia and earth tone drawing pencils.

Only four of us were there today. Our little group keeps getting smaller. There were lots and lots of tomatoes there today for us to take. They look so good! They are from someone over by Big Piney who grows them. I should find out who is donating them and write them a thank-you note.

The kitten ignored her new bed for one day, but last night she decided to try it out. She is all curled up in it today, sound asleep.

*******************************

I can't seem to keep warm today. I think I need to change my habits - I turn the temperature down too low at night, then it takes too long for the house to warm up. I made the mistake of not putting a thermostat on the gas log stove I have upstairs, so I can't leave it on all night. It's OK for sleeping under a down comforter, but it is sure cold when I get up. The old part of my house, the downstairs, is drafty when the wind blows, but the upstairs is tight and cozy.

No comments: