Monday, December 8, 2008

Monday

It is snowing today with very little wind. The forecast says one or two inches, but I hope we get more.

Kasey is here today. Barrie took her to day care center and told them she had diarhea. They talked about it, and decided it might be best if she came to Grandma's house. She is lying down for a nap, but has not gone to sleep yet. I think she will now, as the kitten has come out of the room. "Kat" was in there playing with her and entertaining her.

UPS is scheduled to come pick up the bicycle from WalMart today. The box was not in very good condition when they left it, so don't know if it will make the trip or if it will get all beat up. I have received e-mail from three different customer services representatives, all with different directions on how to return the item. I received a call from UPS yesterday saying they will pick it up today, so I guess I will ignore all the other instructions.

I am getting ready to work on a drawing at the dining room table today. The supplies and paper have been there for three days now, and I am feeling in the mood today.


**************************************
Some old photos . . .
Click on images for a larger view

I can't remember if I have posted this before. This is one of the first pictures I took when I got my new DSLR camera. And yes, I took it out the upstairs window. This big buck hung out at my house all summer. In the fall, a bow hunter shot him while he was in the street about 8 feet from my back gate. I couldn't bellieve it, and both the Sheriff's Department and the Wyoming Game and Fish got involved. The hunter told me (standing in the street in front of my house) that he had talked to a game warden and had been working on getting that deer all fall. Seems there is a loophole in the G&F regulations. You can't shoot a deer on a maintained road - and that is the sticker. The street on the north side of my house is not maintained. The Sheriff's Department said that "of course you can't shoot a deer in town". But when they went through the ordinances, they found you can't shoot a gun in town, but a bow and arrow is not mentioned. The town attorney even drew up an ordinance for the town to pass, and it was discussed at a town council meeting, but nothing was ever done about it.

When my mother was failing, this scene became quite familiar to me. The road over South Pass can look kind of desolatte. This particular stretch, not too far out of Farson, looks like it goes on forever, to the edge of the earth.


I know I said before that I was disappointed in the change at South Pass City when I visited there. This is about the only photo I took that I like, and I did a lot of "tinkering" with it in Photoshop. Lynn saw some really neat things when she visited the area, and next time I go, maybe I will go with someone who knows more about what is there. I'm sure there are lots of neat old buidings that aren't in the townsite and that haven't been painted white.



1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Absolutely beautiful picture of the buck and a sad story about being shot. Some sportsman.
Love, Lynn