Monday, December 22, 2008

Snowy today

What a beautiful day! Not much wind, and it snowed most of the day. We didn' t really get a lot of snow, but enough to make everything white and pretty.

Click on image for a larger view.
I found this picture of my house I took in the spring a couple of years ago from the highway. This was before all the new buildings were put in down below. All those big trees make my house look small. People have a hard time finding my house. Too many new buildings in front of it, and it is really in a jungle. I hope none of those big trees ever fall over on my house.

*******************************************

Barrie was here yesterday afternoon, and I hadn't spent any time upstairs, and had never turned the heat on up there. After she went home, I decided it was so warm and cozy downstairs that I slept on the couch. I slept on the couch when I had company at Thanksgiving, and had forgotten how comfortable it was.

I decided I needed to knit Kasey some socks, so started on a pair last night. It's been a while since I did any knitting. I have no idea if she will even like them or wear them. I remember Cristy saying her kids didn't appreciate her knitting. Maybe Kasey is still young enough that she won't complain that they itch or something.

I meant to go to the post office, bank, and grocery store today, but procrastinated another day. It was so nice to just sit and knit and watch it snow. No excuses tomorrow - I HAVE to go!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love the picture of your house. It reminds me of a Richard Schmidt painting. It would make a great painting. I used to sew for my kids to economize, but they never did like what I made even when they picked the material. Well, you finally got some snow, it was pretty today. And even sweeping off the deck wasn't bad.
Love, Lynn