Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Computer do-overs

Crow Indian

Click on images for a larger version
This is the Edward Curtis photograph I am using as a reference photo for my speia toned drawing. I love doing these, but I am too tight in my work and try to make my drawing look just like the photograph. I guess that's OK, but I'm missing something. I'm not being expressive or creative in my work. I'm just being a copycat.


This is what I did with the photograph in my Photoshop program today with one of my filters. I want my artwork to look more like this!! So I am turning over a new leaf - less realism and loosen up! Do you think I can do it? I'm pretty sure I will have to put my pencils away and work with pastels - both oil pastels and soft pastels.

*******************************
I'm so glad Lynn and Joe have a working furnace again. What a hassle!

And I'm glad Gina's grandson caught onto the "Frayed Knot" joke. We always laughed at the poor kid in kindergarten because he didn't "get" my "knock knock" joke! "Knock Knock" - "Who's there?" "Duene". "Duene who?" "Dwain the bathtub, I'm dwowning" Scott, you are a good sport!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

DANGNABBIT I love your ARTWORK of Your Native People. I really do.
love nanny